Tuesday 1 March 2016

OLS#25 - Let Green 'March' In

Good Morning.
This month, I am hosting the challenge at One-Layer Simplicity where the theme is:

Create a card using shades of green and one other neutral on your white card.

For my card, I masked a panel across the front of my cardstock, inked up my stamp by Fred B. Mullett using 2 shades of green Brushos diluted with water and stamped.  Love the effortless shading the Brushos give the image.
(to see my tutorial about how to do this, please go here) 
 When that was dry, I rubbed green Distress ink along the edges to define the panel.  I removed the masks, added scored lines on either side and stamped my sentiment from Daisy Bucket.
Very simple, one-layer card to create.

Also adding my card to these challenges:

Simon Says- ANYTHING GOES 

The Male Room- MONOCHROMATIC 

CAS on Sunday- ONE-LAYER WONDER

My Time to Craft- ONE-LAYER



Thanks so much for coming by and taking a look.
Hope you get a chance to play along with us this month.

Supplies:  stamps- Daisy Bucket, Fred Mullett/ ink- Distress, Memento/ Brushos/ paintbrush/ ScorPal/ applicator tool


15 comments:

Suchi said...

Such a wonderful card!! :)
Suchi xx

Pat said...

Beautiful card with a lovely image, thanks for joining in our challenge this week at MTTC.

Pat xx

OH Babs said...

As usual I love the card. This is one of my favorite layouts to use. When I look back at some of my own favorite cards this is the layout I prefer. Love the green.

Craftychris said...

Beautiful! Gorgeous colours and design xxx

CherylQuilts said...

Oh, Karen, what a beautiful card, and I love the one layer with your stamping, sponging, and scoring! And what a fun sentiment! Hugs, sweet friend!

Verna Angerhofer said...

That is a beautiful image and card design and I love the sentiment too!

Unknown said...

Simply gorgeous card. Karen x

Cathy said...

Beautiful card Karen, love this image, Cathy x

Melissa Bove said...

Beautiful card Karen! Love that image and all of the green! Great design!

Thank you very much for joining us this week at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog!

hugs...
Melissa

Davi said...

VERY nice, love the way you did the image :)

Unknown said...

The stamped panel is very effective, I love the colours you have chosen. Thank you for sharing your card with us at The Male Room.
Chris (DT)

Bobby said...

Great monochromatic card, Karen, and I love that stamp.

Mac Mable said...

Loving how the brusho's worked together and gorgeous shades of green. Beautiful card.

maria f. said...

A one layer beauty, Karen.

shirley-bee said...

Fabulous depth and movement on those flowers, Karen!