Monday 1 December 2014

Double Embossed Christmas


Some cards are just impossible to photograph.  You either loose the detail or the colour.  This card was one of those until I got out the black backgrounds.  So here it is in all it's white purity.

I began by placing my dies from Simon Says and Lawn Fawn onto my cardstock and ran it through my Cuttlebug with a rubber mat under that.  What the rubber mat is designed to do is to let you emboss with a die and not cut through your paper.  I made sure to leave an area plain so I could stamp my sentiment from PTI and embossed it with silver.   That was the first embossing.
I then took out my embossing folder from Cuttlebug, place my the cardstock that was embossed with the snowflakes into it and embossed it again.  You can see how it added the circles and lines onto the paper.  I think it looks pretty cool.  Lastly, I did some scoring and then die-cut the snowflake and covered it with glitter and added a jewel to the center.

Adding my card to these challenges:



Brown Sugar- ANYTHING GOES

Weekly Christmas Cards- ANYTHING GOES

Pile it On- SPRINKLE IT


Thanks so much for coming by and taking a look.

Supplies:  stamp- PTI/ dies- SSS, Lawn Fawn/ jewel/ glitter/ embossing folder/ silver embossing powder

12 comments:

My Card Attic: Hazel said...

How clever is that Karen! What a fabulous card, I love it! Hazel x

Davi said...

Really beautiful Karen, so simple yet so elegant!!

Michelle Lupton said...

Karen, this is Gorgeous (with a capital G!) Thanks for playing along with us at ATCAS :)

OH Babs said...

This is beautiful. Not one, not two, but three layers of paper. Cool.

Princess Judy Palmer said...

Wow! So elegant!

Loll said...

Love the double embossing on this card Karen ... so much depth and texture. Fabulous design! Thanks for joining us at ATCAS. Loll xx

Anonymous said...

Very elegant, love it. Thanks for joining us at ATSM this week. Monika

Kylie said...

Stunning! The embossing is gorgeous. Beautiful card! Thanks so much for playing along at ATCAS xx

Katie Melhus said...

Very pretty! All that texture and the white on white are great! Thanks for joining us at Addicted to Stamps and more!

Vicki Dutcher said...

Gorgeous card - great dual die usage too - Thanks for joining in with ATCAS!

BethieJ said...

BEAUTIFUL Card!
Thanks for joining us last week at PIO!!
Have a GREAT day!

Deepti said...

Wow ! Love the way u used two dies to create that fab BG :) Thank you for sharing with ATCAS