Saturday 29 March 2014

Spring's Arrival

I have Spring on the brain....want it...need it!  We still have snow where I live and very cold temps.  This feels like the longest winter ever.  
I was so happy to be inspired this am by the challenge at Splitcoast and the photo below from the blog called Damask Love.  Such a great blog to be inspired by.  Love Amber's photos.  

I just bought the Spring Garden set from Stampin Up and wanted to play with it.  I inked my tulips....love tulips, such a majestic flower.....by colouring them with Mememto markers and sprayed with water before stamping for a watercoloured effect.  I added some paint splatters in the background for interest too.  The panel is pop dot mounted onto the card front about the sentiment. 
 I think this will make a great Easter card.

Adding my card to these challenges:
Simply Create Too- #58 EASTER
Addicted to Stamps- #88 HOLIDAY
A Creative Romance- SPRING FLOWERS
Stampin for the Weekend- SPRING COLOURS
Totally Paper Crafts- #212 THINK PINK

Sending BLESSINGS your way.  Thanks so much for coming by and taking a look.

Supplies:  stamps- SU, Studio G (Michaels)/ Mememto markers/ mini mister/ toothbrush for splatters/ pop dots


My card was chosen as 


photo from Damask Love

15 comments:

Lin said...

I'm with you, Karen, aching for some color out there and some sunshine! Love your card today!

Danielle Vincent said...

This is gorgeous Karen. Tulips are my favorite flower and this card makes me long to see their happy colors popping out of the ground. Thanks so much for joining us this week at ATS&M.

DianeMoneyGoolsby said...

Hi, Karen: Beautiful watercolors effect on your Easter card. I love your technique. Thank you for entering our Easter/Bunny Challenge at Simply Create Too.

Diane
Simply Create Too Design Team Member
http://SimplyCreateToo.blogspot.com
http://DianesDigitalDesigns.blogspot.com

sandie said...

So full of spring Karen and I do love the watercolour effect x

Mynn xx said...

Karen, this is AMAZING!!! LOVE the gorgeous and the colors are fabulous! HUGS and happy weekend! :) Mynn xx

PS: I'm your newest follower! :) I'd love for you to hop over to my blog (On a Stampage)--I've got blog candy up for grabs!!!

Heather T said...

We still have plenty of snow here too, Karen but I have seen two cardinals and a chickadee so spring can't be too far away. Your tulips are so soft and pretty. I love your water spritzed flowers they always look stunning.

maria's knutselplezier said...

Wow Karen this is a real beauty, love the small colourful Tulips , your card looks like a painting!!!

Greetings
Maria

Petti said...

Lovely card!

Deborah Frings said...

Viewing your cards in reverse order, this one is just as beautiful as the other one! I think I like the colours a bit more on this one - so pretty! Thanks again for playing along with ASM this week!

Kim Ross said...

Wow! This card is absolutely sublime!! I love the colors and the wonderful softness of the watercolor effect. *LOVE IT* :)

Pat K said...

Gorgeous CAS card Karen.....LOVE your colour choices. Thanks for playing along with us at TPC this week. Pat K x

Deepti Stephens said...

You always make such a beautiful cards, Thank you so much for joining the fun at ATSM. Good luck.. :)

Darnell said...

Congratulations, Karen, on the well-deserved HM from ATSM! Your beautiful tulips make the perfect card for spring! Hugs, Darnell

Princess Judy Palmer said...

I love the splatters on this card. I am splatter-impaired but I do so love the look. I adore these spring tulips. You do this set such justice.

Unknown said...

Gorgeous card, Gorgeous tulips in beautiful colours. Thanks for joining us at Stampin For The Weekend and Good Luck! xx