Thursday 10 August 2017

Washi Notecard

Welcome.
Here is a simple notecard I made using washi tape I have sitting in a drawer.
I need to try and use more of the things I have...I know what you are saying...'yay, right!'

I began with a piece of heavy, white cardstock and put stripes of washi tape on the diagonal.  I left space between the rows so I could add some scored perforations using my ScorBug on my ScorPal.  It gave nice texture and more interest to my card front.
For those of you that have never used washi before, it is so easy to lift and move around it you don't get it straight the first time without ripping your paper.
Next, I die-cut the flowers in black and white and glued them over the tape. 
I chose to mount the piece onto blue cardstock just to give it some colour.

It's nice to have some little notecards on hand.


Thanks so much for taking time to visit. 


Adding my card to these challenges:
Crafty Creations- ANYTHING GOES
Mod Squad- BLACK, WHITE AND ONE OTHER COLOR
Sunny Day Crafting- "F" FOR FLOWERS


Supplies
Stamps- none
Ink- none
Paper- heavy white (local store)
Accessories and Tools- ScorBug, ScorPal, Washi, die- Clover (Poppystamp)

23 comments:

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Love the embossing in between the washi, another clever design thought, a Beautiful card.
Faith
x

Barbara said...

Hey, this is a wonderful way to use up some supplies that have been around. This is so unique and I love how you left room for the texture in between the tape. Very clever idea. Thanks so much for sharing in my challenge this week at the Mod Squad.
Barbara Challenge Host

Aquarius said...

I must say I've never been a great fan of washi tape but you've certainly made a very stylish card with yours.

Annie said...

The embossed dots give the Washi stripes so much life! I love this idea! I'm not familiar with your tool so I can't work out how you did those dots, but I love them between the tapes.

Mac Mable said...

Such a great idea, so classy looking and love the black and white colour x

Janis Lewis said...

Beautiful. Thanks for sharing at Sunny Day Crafting.
~Owner/DT Janis

cuilliesocks said...

Fabulous design Karen and love the black and white together, so striking, Kate x

CherylQuilts said...

What an amazing card, Karen, and I have a whole new vision for washi tape! This is stunning with the black and white and your Scor-Bud. I keep forgetting about this little cutie! Hugs!

Susan said...

I never got on the washi bandwagon, but I really love your card - great designs of washi tape, resulting in a fabulous card!

MaggieB1983 said...

Beautifully done Karen and a great way to use up some of our resources!! Thanks for sharing. ~HUGS~
#kindnessmatters

Princess Judy Palmer said...

Very cool! It's a great way to use coordinating washi tape. THis came out quite elegant.

KarinsArtScrap said...

it's looking great Karen
Gr Karin

Barbara said...

I didn't realize that your bog is Snippets, until it popped up in my feed this morning. So thanks again for doing my challenge at the Mod Squad. I am a follower.

Becca Cruger said...

Ooooo! Look at all that dramatic black and white! What a perfect way to use your washi tape!

Bonnie said...

I love the crisp black and white, Karen! And the embossing between the strips of Washi add lots of extra interest!

Anita said...

Fantastic! Your card really encourages me to use my stash (small but still a "stash") of washi tape!!

Pat said...

The black and white flowers are so pretty with these strips of washi tape and love the monochrome look with that pop of blue in the background Karen. x

nancy littrell said...

I Love your creative Washi Tape diagonal background with your die cuts, Karen. You always come up with such creative ideas. TFS mf. Hugs

Christine Alexander said...

love the monochromatic card and great way to use up our rolls and rolls of washi tape :)

Verna Angerhofer said...

This is a great look

aussie aNNie said...

Fab way to use the washi tapes Karen, something I have but seldom use. Love the black and white classy look. You are always full of interesting techniques...hugs.xx [aNNie]

Cara said...

What a great way to use washi tape, it makes a fabulous card x

Unknown said...

Very lovely card! You have nice washi tape....I need to look for more. Thanks for sharing it with us at Crafty Creations. Ciao, Lisa