Friday 18 August 2017

Thoughts of You

Good Morning.

I found a flourish mask that I have had in my stash for years.  I don't know who made it or where I got it but it was the starting point for my card.

 I applied the mask to my white cardstock, then using different colours of Distress inks I watercoloured bands of colour onto my card front.  Just press the ink pads directly onto a non-stick pad, add some water and use a paint brush to paint with.  I used a wide bristle brush and kept adding colour until I was happy with the tones.  When I removed the mask, the white area of the card was left behind.
  Next, using the flourish from Technique Tuesday I stamped that over the white masked area and to the left for interest.  It created kind of a shadow effect.
I stamped the sentiment from an old Hero Arts set then splattered with white acrylic paint to help brighten up the whole card.


Thanks so very much for coming by and taking a look.
Have a great Friday!


Supplies
Stamps- Flourishes (TT); Write Your Message (HA)
Ink- Distress:  Salty Ocean, Peacock Feathers, Cracked Pistachio (TH); 
Tuxedo Black Memento
Paper- heavy white (local store)
Accessories and Tools- Misti; white acrylic paint; paintbrush; mask ?

19 comments:

Bunny said...

This is another beautiful card. [Bunny]

aussie aNNie said...

Stunning Karen, your colours are amazing and so nice to find stash 'hidden' away, thanks for sharing this beauty and have a lovely weekend.xx

Viv said...

Such a beautiful card Karen!great colours and technique too. Love your new photo too btw. hugs Viv xx

cuilliesocks said...

Fabulous background and colouring Karen, its a gorgeous card, Kate x

Aquarius said...

Another lovely idea to store in my memory bank - great that the flourish mirrors the masked area so well and the sentiment really pops.

Verna Angerhofer said...

So very beautiful and love those colors that you used for it. Wonderful flourish design.

Craftychris said...

Ooh beautiful! Love the flourish and gorgeous colours. xxx

Anita said...

Your card is beautiful! Love the colors.

Annie said...

A pretty card! One of the more beautiful flourishes I've seen.

Pat said...

What a pretty card Karen and I love the background negative stencilling and then the bands of different colour blue inks look great and the added stamping over it together with that lovely large sentiment are wonderful finishing touches. x

Bonnie said...

A beautiful color wash background! Love those colors and the brightness of the mask and the stamp that matches so well!

Christine Alexander said...

gorgeous Karen, love the stark white with all the shades of blue. Awesome layering of your flourish stamp and that great sentiment.

Loll said...

Love the effect of doing a watercolour wash over your mask. Creates a very artsy background. xx

Cara said...

Gorgeous card, love the bands of colour x

Mac Mable said...

What a great effect. Would never have thought to use a different mask with a different but similar stamp...Thank you for the inspiration x

nancy littrell said...

I love all your gorgeous layers, Karen. I am so glad you shared all your layering steps. So creative the way you masked your flourish, gave your background a DOX watercolor wash and stenciled more flourishes. As always...a wonderful bold sentiment. TFS my friend. Hugs

UplayOnline said...

Awesome layering of your flourish stamp and that great sentiment.


ดูหนัง

Susan said...

Love the use of the mask and the layering of the stamp over it - and the white splatters finish it off perfectly.

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

GORGEOUS!
Faith
x