Friday 4 August 2017

Simplicity- The Flower Challenge

Good Morning.
Meet today's card and time for more fun at 
This month our theme is Background Stamping.

http://theflowerchallenge.blogspot.ca/




I decided to create a very clean and simple card.
I began by masking the edges of my heavy white cardstock with Painter's Tape.  I placed the PB stamp called Glory of Modesty into my Misti, inked with Broken China DOX, sprayed with water and pressed it onto my paper.  I love how the edges were undefined and added to the look of the loose flower vines.
To help make the flowers pop, I went back in with my Zigs and added colour just around the outside edges.
 I stamped the sentiment from Happy Wishes and mounted the piece onto more white cardstock to keep it clean and simple.



Thanks so very much for coming by and taking a look.
On a personal note:  I am super busy with 5 little daycare kiddos for the summer/10 hrs a day.
I so appreciate all your most kind comments and visits.  
I am doing my best to visit your blogs and answer all your emails.  Please keep persevering with me during this hectic time. 
Thanks.

Adding my card to these challenges;

Craft Stamper Magazine- ANYTHING STAMPED GOES
Crafting With Attitude- ANYTHING GOES
Simply Papercraft- ANYTHING GOES


Supplies
Stamps:  Glory of Modesty, Happy Wishes (Penny Black)
Ink- Broken China Distress Oxide (TH); Tuxedo Black Memento
Paper- heavy white (local store)
Accessories and Tools- Misti, painter's tape, Zigs

29 comments:

Sue said...

This is beautiful, Karen. The blue and white looks so fresh and I like how you added colours around the flowers. Lovely sentiment too.

Aquarius said...

Wow it is great that you can find time to make lovely cards like this as well as looking after 5 kiddos - well done

Pat said...

I adore this pretty flowery background in your signature blue tone Karen, and you always manage to find a lovely sentiment to fit the card. Beautiful. x

Susan said...

This is so beautiful - love the loose look of the background and the way you emphasized the flowers with the darker blue Zigs.

marilyn said...

It's just lovely and I"m thrilled I actually own that stamp! Thank you for reminding me about this stamp. Look forward to using it again.

cuilliesocks said...

Absolutely gorgeous Karen, beautifully designed and coloured, such a pretty image and a lovely sentiment, Kate x

Verna Angerhofer said...

So very gorgeous in every way.

KarinsArtScrap said...

it's very beautiful Karen

gr karin

SewPaperPaint said...

EEEEK! I'm squealing with delight over this. The outline with the Zigs really made it pop and I too love those rough edges. I never fail to leave your blog inspired, thank you friend! Hugs, Autumn

Barb said...

It's beautiful Karen and I really like the way you've added colour to the edges of the flowers. A gorgeous card. Barbxx

Annie said...

Great card Karen! I loved reading how you created it. I studied each step. LoL. The undefined edges really caught my eye too when I saw this card. Love that.

Craftychris said...

Beautiful card! A fabulous (centre stage) background for the cool sentiment! It sounds like you are going to have a very busy time! xxx

judy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
judy said...

I love this beautiful card!! Coincidentally, I have been playing with this stamp (one of my favorite backgrounds) and Distress Oxides--thanks for showing another great way to use it!

Loll said...

LOVE this background flower stamp Karen. You always have the most beautiful sentiments to go with your designs. xx

Ruth said...

What a gorgeous card. The colour is absolutely perfect, and I love the added depth you get with the Zigs. It's lovely just the two tones of white and blue. I understand entirely looking after kiddies. 5 is quite the handful! Xx

Marilyn said...

This is so pretty. It's delicate and classy... love the blue.

Aileen said...

Ahh Karen what a stunning background stamp, love it and love how you gave that extra bit of definition by going back with your zigs. works perfectly. Wonderful card.

Bonnie said...

What a beautiful background with those white flowers, Karen! Love the soft edges of the coloring! Bless you for taking care of those kiddos! I know it's exhausting but such an important job to shape those young lives!

Christine Alexander said...

so pretty, love the CAS effect :)

Helen J said...

Beautiful card. I love the way you've emphasised the flowers and those rough edges were what drew me to it, wondering how you achieved it. I really must get some Distress Oxides!

Daria said...

Beautiful card. Thank you for sharing the details.

Cara said...

It's amazing how that extra touch of blue around the flowers really make them pop!

Mac Mable said...

What a fabulous background stamp and such a great effect x So pretty too x Don't worry my end on commenting as I know you are super busy and I know you are popping in when you can x

Viv said...

Wow Karen...loving the flowers, loving the stamping and colour....loving it all mf ;) hugs Viv xx

TaeEun said...

I love that PB background stamp! You stamped it into an artwork, Karen!!! Love the distressed look of the edge!

shirley-bee said...

This is so pretty, Karen! I love the ragged edges. Thanks for finding the time to play along at Craft Stamper, and I hope you're enjoying creating with your daycare kiddos.

Linda said...

Stunning as always Karen ... I love the colour. Thank you for playing along with the Craft Stamper challenge xx

ElizabethR said...

That is gorgeous I love the colour as well. Thank you for joining in with us at the Craft Stamper Challenge, Elizabeth x