Monday 7 August 2017

Rainbow Wishes

Good Morning.
I've had some extra time this long weekend to make some cards which has been fun.
I am also playing along with some of the challenges at Splitcoast Stampers for their big event held every year with contests and prizes for it's members.  I just love it there and I am always inspired by the creative spirit found there.  It is such a wonderful community of people.

This was a simple card, tried to make it more masculine and fun.
I began by placing the Shattered Glass stamp inside my Misti, inked with Versamark and pressed onto my heavy weight paper.  I then clear heat embossed the image.
Next, I pressed my Distress Oxide ink pad directly onto my non-stick craft sheet.  I wet a section of my card front with water and using a paint brush, dripped the inks onto that area.  I continued around my card front adding the different colours and letting the inks run over each other.
When the piece was dry, I stamped the birthday sentiment in the center using my Misti and Archival black ink and added some Nuvo Drops.



Thanks so much for coming by and taking a look.

Adding my card to these challenges:

Simon Says Monday- HAPPY BIRTHDAY
Dare 2B Artzy- PASTEL COLOURS
Stamping Sensations- ANYTHING GOES
Love to Create- ANYTHING CREATIVE/MIXED MEDIA


Supplies
Stamps- Shattered Glass (Local King); Handwritten Happiness (MFT)
Inks- DOX-Faded Jeans, Wilted Violet, Cracked Pistachio, Spiced Marmalade,
Broken China (TH); Versamark; Archival Black (Ranger)
Paper- heavy white (local store)
Accessories and Tools- Misti; clear eb powder; heat tool; Nuvo Drops; pop dots

23 comments:

Mac Mable said...

Such a great effect and love how you are a master of mixing different colours. Eye catching and unique x

Phyllis said...

love all the colors in this card to set off the bold greeting.

brenda said...

Super stamp and ink work and great effect with the oxides and resist stamping, many thanks for joining us at Stamping Sensations this month.

B x

cuilliesocks said...

Fabulous card Karen, love the shattered glass stamp and the brilliant colours, great effect with te Oxides too, Kate x

Cara said...

Lovely inky background and I love those colours together x

nancy littrell said...

You come up with the most beautiful watercolor techniques my friend. I love your heat embossed stamped image and DOX watercoloring. A Really Gorgeous card. TFS Karen. Hugs

Verna Angerhofer said...

Fabulous card designs with those pretty backgrounds.

Susan said...

Beautiful range of colours - love the soft look you achieved with the Oxide inks.

Bonnie said...

Glad you got a chance to play, my friend! And what a gorgeous card! Love the colors you've used and the happy rays the stamp gives!

Carol L said...

I just love this one! thanks for sharing how you created it too!

Pat said...

I love the oxide colours you have used here Karen and the shattered glass stamp gives the effect of fractures radiating out and the sentiment is a good size to fit in the centre. It is complemented by the beautiful blue background layer and the dimension you have given the coloured layer works so well. A fabulous card. x

sarascloset said...

Fabulous birthday card! Love what you've done with the shattered stamp!

Christine Alexander said...

I'm still in love with this stamp, perhaps at Christmas :) love all the colours of your DOX :)

Rufus said...

Love this card!! I'm bad about leaving comments, but had to come over and tell you how I love this one (email subscriber). Now have to go to Local King and locate that stamp! It's calling my name..........

Carlene (aka Chatterbox-1) said...

Love the look of your clear emboss-resist and watercolor DOX...colors are fabulous together!

Unknown said...

Beautiful effect. How do you dispose of the waste water? I'd be afraid it could damage pipes.

Brawny x said...

Wow I love this. What a fab effect x

Lisa Lara said...

Oh WOW amazing results Karen!

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Gorgeous colours and effect, wonderful experimenting with such a wonderful result.
Faith
x

Sally H said...

A fabulous creation! Thanks for sharing your stamping with us at Stamping Sensations this month and good luck!

Meihsia Liu said...

Love your beautiful birthday card! The colors on the background are fantastic! Thank you so much for sharing with us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. :)

Lou Sims said...

Fabulous project, full of detail, colour & texture. Many thanks for joining in with Love 2 Create Challenges 'Anything Goes' challenge. Lou (DT L2CC)

Bobby said...

This is such a great look, Karen. Love that stamp and the mix of colors.