Wednesday 16 August 2017

Just a Bit More Salt- The CAS Watercolour Challenge

Hello
It's time for another card for the 



It's been such a fun month playing with salt and trying to see the results we can achieve using it.
There are some really great links on the main blog for you to try and some wonderful cards to inspire.

So for my card, I began with a piece of the heavy white cardstock I usually use.
I sprayed it with water, then dropped drips of Distress re-inkers onto the wet paper.  I sprayed again to help blend the colours then sprinkled on some Sea Salt and left it to dry.
Love how the salt absorbs the ink and leaves behind a beautiful patterned piece of card.

To keep it simple, I die cut a frame and mounted the inked piece behind that.  I die cut the flowers and added them over the piece.
I scored diagonal lines on my card front to add more interest and pop dotted the framed salted piece over that.



 Thanks so much for coming by and taking a look.
I hope you will play along with us.


Adding my card to these challenges:

Simple Create Too- FLOWERS 
Crafty Creations- ANYTHING GOES 
The Crafty Addicts- ANYTHING GOES/ GIRLY OPTION
Paperminutes- ANYTHING GOES

  
Supplies
Stamps- none
Inks- Distress Re-inkers: Salty Ocean, Cracked Pistachio, Peeled Paint,
 Peacock Feathers (TH)
Paper- heavy white (local store)
Accessories and Tools- Wonky Stitched frame (Avery Elle); ScorPal, 
Hollyhocks die- Impression Obsession; Cuttlebug; foam dots

25 comments:

Christine Alexander said...

love the colours you used and that pretty hollyhock die :)

nancy littrell said...

I Love the gorgeous effect you achieved with your re-inkers, water and salt, Karen. Really beautiful colors and salt bleaching. Your background really makes your white die cut wild flowers pop. TFS my friend, Hugs

cuilliesocks said...

Absolutely fabulous background Karen love the deep vibrant colours and the white flowers against it is brilliant, love your frame, wonderful card, Kate x

Pat said...

Fantastic card Karen and I love that intense blue with the green and the pretty patterns the salt has made, and the wonky stitched frame shows it off beautifully, and I adore those die cut hollyhocks too. x

Brawny x said...

Gorgeous car

Bonnie said...

This is a gorgeous background, Karen! Love how you've framed it and the white hollyhocks look so bright and pretty!

Margaret Mifsud said...

Wow!! This is stunning Karen. I love the intensity of the gorgeous background, makes that lovely die cut simply pop off the page. x

Susan said...

Wonderful results from the reinkers! Beautiful blend of colours that set off the white hollyhocks perfectly. Great framing and details from the scoring.

Anke said...

Wonderful card, Karen. I love the fantastic background and the frame. And the white flowers are so beautiful.

Hugs
Anke

aussie aNNie said...

Karen this is fabulous, love the colours. I am still trying to achieve the salt look, surely it's not that hard. Maybe I need to use cardstock too instead of water colouring paper.xx
[aNNie]

Loll said...

WOW! The colours are so saturated using re-inkers. I need to try this!! The background is STUNNING, Karen. So perfect with the white frame and white flowers. xx

Aquarius said...

Wow! this panel really 'sings' against the lovely embossed white pieces - brilliant result

Ros Crawford said...

What gorgeous rich colours! Love your salt BG and your card!

Cara said...

Beautiful card, the white really showcases the beauty of your background x

Mia said...

A fabulous card, Karol. I really love it! Bright colours! Kisses, my friend.

Heidi said...

Sehr edel, Karen, deine Karte gefällt mir sehr!
Vielen Dank für deine Teilnahme bei Paperminutes und viel Glück bei der Verlosung wünscht dir

Heidi.

SD pooja said...

Loved the vibrant bg with DI n salt ! Beautifully used on the card :)

Mac Mable said...

Stunning background and glorious colours. Love the white against it...Super CAS card and also like the embossed lines which adds texture x

Gale said...

Fabulous card Karen. Love the background and I will have to try this. Thanks for sharing with us at The Crafty Addicts Challenge and we hope to see you again soon. Hugs, Gale DT

Papercraft Boutique said...

Fabulous salt effect, Karen! I LOVE the shades of blues/greens, and the simple white die cut flowers. Hideko

UplayOnline said...

I really love it! Bright colours! Kisses, my friend.


ดูหนัง

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

I thought I had commented on this Karen, another Stunner.
Faith
x

Kati said...

Very powerful card! I love the shades of blue in contrast of the white. Thanks for showing it for the 500. paperminutes-challenge.
hugs
mamapia

Ellen said...

Lovely card, well done! Thanks for joining us at Simply Create Too.

groetjes, Ellen

Daria said...

Beautiful card. TFS.