Wednesday 9 August 2017

Jumping for Joy

Good Morning.
Simple, happy card today using a technique I showed a few weeks ago that I called 
Basically, it is stenciling over a stencil.

I began by masking my card front using Painter's Tape then using some Peeled Paint Distress ink and stenciled the TCW Chicken Wire as the bkg.  I then took some drywall tape and stenciled over that using Peacock Feather.
Using my Misti, I stamped this wonderful image then this fun sentiment.
I clear heat embossed both to help make the black pop.
Lastly, I splattered some diluted Distress ink to look like rain and rubbed more ink along the card edges.


Thanks so much for coming by and taking a look.


Adding my card to these challenges:
Simon Says Wed.- SPLATTER IT
Shopping Our Stash- SPICE UP YOUR LIFE
(Sporty Spice-she jumps around so much on stage)
Addicted to Stamps and More- CAS
Use Your Stuff- INSPIRED BY A QUOTE
Just Us Girls- SHOWERS

Supplies
Stamps- Fruit Loop (Verses);  Rain Dance (Technique Junkies)
Ink- Peacock Feathers, Peeled Paint Distress (TH); Tuxedo Black Memento
Paper- heavy weight (local Store)
Accessories and Tools- Misti; drywall tape; cl embossing powder; heat tool; paintbrush; 
sponge applicator


25 comments:

Aquarius said...

This is a fun sentiment and a joyful image too - loving the background

aussie aNNie said...

A stunning card again. Just love the background and double stenciling...xx[aNNie]

Melissa Bove said...

Adorable card! Love that image and sentiment!! Too cute! Love that background too!

Thank you very much for joining us this week at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog!

hugs...
Melissa


KarinsArtScrap said...

it's so beautiful Karen
Gr Karin

Pat said...

What a fabulous silhouette image Karen and love that stencilled background. I must get some of the dry wall tape which makes a great background pattern, and I love the blue tones which you do so well, definitely your signature colour. x

Susan said...

You're so good at layering stencils (and using dry wall tape!) Love the girl jumping for joy!

CherylQuilts said...

Oh, Karen, what a FUN silhouette stamp and a real giggle of a sentiment! I'm all for that! And I always love your stenciled backgrounds! Beautifully done, sweet friend! Hugs! xoxo

Christine Alexander said...

beautiful stenciling, Still loving the the drywall tape.

Becca Cruger said...

Haha - I just love that sentiment. It's sheer perfection when paired with that image and you've done such an awesome job of giving a monochromatic card visual grungy interest! Gorgeous make!

Verna Angerhofer said...

What a great card and I love that fun sentiment you used on it.

nancy littrell said...

Hee,hee...I laughed outloud reading your fun sentiment, Karen. LOVE your layered stenciling and blues for your black JUmping for Joy image. TFS my friend. Hugs...

Brawny x said...

Absolutely fabulous. Great card x

Bonnie said...

What a happy, inspiring card, Karen! Another fantastic sentiment!

missgailly said...

TWO cards for our challenge. This one is fabulous too! Thanks for playing along at USE YOUR STUFF - Gail

Cara said...

A lovely fun card, I can see that you're rocking blue and drywall tape at the moment x

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

What a fun card, would make anyone smile, lovin' this technique too.
Faith
x

Mac Mable said...

That technique is so effective as is your fabulous card x What a fun sentiment and the jumping lady is so perfect with it x

cuilliesocks said...

Fabulous card and lovely colours, brilliant image and sentiment.
Fantastic background stenciling, Kate x

Darnell said...

I love this, Karen! You're brilliant to come up with that Double Take technique! And you've totally enabled me to load up my shopping cart at Verses! That sediment really cracked me up!! Thank you so much for playing with the Shower challenge at JUGS! Hugs, Darnell

Lisa Kind said...

OMGosh I love that sentiment! So funny! And your double stenciling is fab! I love silhouette images and this one is perfect for our challenge! Thanks for playing with Just Us Girls!

Christine Alexander said...

great background and such an awesome sentiment, I laughed so hard thinking of all the people I could send that too :)

Loose Stitches said...

Fabulous card Karen, love the image, sentiment and your wonderful background!
Hugs, Sherry x
Loose Stitches and Unraveled Threads

Chris C said...

Oh my gosh - that quote/sentiment is awesome!! Thanks for joining us at Use Your Stuff.

Bobby said...

I love the whole vibe of your card, Karen, not to mentioned the wonderful techniques that you continually amaze me with. Thanks for sharing your card with us at Just Us Girls this week.

Donna said...

Love that sentiment!!
Thanks for getting spicey with the crew from SHOPPING OUR STASH!