Saturday 5 August 2017

Art of God

Happy Saturday and time to play.

I just picked up some new flower stamps from Magenta and wanted to play with them on my inky bkg.
So onto the card details.

Often, when I am working on a card either painting with inks or creating a background, I press the inks directly onto my non-stick craft sheet and use the inks from there.  I always have some leftover and that is how this card came to be.
I was using my Distress Oxides for another project, there was some ink left on my non-stick pad so I sprayed with water and pressed a piece of crumpled up plastic wrap into the wet ink and pounced over my white card front and the bkg was born.  Love how the DOX's layer and it is such a super easy way to make background for your cards easily and with things you already have on hand.
Next, I placed the stamps inside my Misti, inked with Archival black and stamped the silhouettes.
The sentiment is a new one to me from Technique Junkies.


 Hope you give it a try and thanks again for the visit!

Little Red Wagon- FAV PRODUCTS
(DOX)
Crazy 4 Challenges- BRIGHT AND CHEERFUL
Craft Stamper Magazine- ANYTHING STAMPED GOES
Use Your Stuff- FREE WK


Supplies
Stamps- Art of God (Technique Junkies); Flower Silhouette, Lavender Silhouette, 
Long Twig Flowers (Magenta)
Ink- DOX: Broken China, Faded Jeans, Wilted Violet (TH); Archival Black (Ranger)
Paper- heavy white (local store)
Accessories and Tools- Misti; plastic wrap; Mister (TH)

16 comments:

Christine Alexander said...

great reminder not to waste ink on the craft mat :) the background looks amazing and love that scrunched cling wrap effect.

Aquarius said...

We never waste anything do we, even the ink left on our palettes or craft mats!! Beautiful result.

Verna Angerhofer said...

Beautiful card design and an awesome sentiment. I love it. Your design is so pretty with the ink you saved.

cuilliesocks said...

Fabulous background Karen and I love the images, brilliant card, Kate x

KarinsArtScrap said...

it's beautiful Karen

gr karin

Susan said...

What a wonderful background you created from your leftover ink! Beautiful colour tones to set off the great mixture of flower stamps!

Loll said...

LOVE your inky cling wrap background, Karen. Always so creative. And you always have the most beautiful silhouette flower stamps! xx

Craftychris said...

Cool inky background for the fabulous silhouette! xxx

Mac Mable said...

Great background and fun technique. Great effect for the silhouette stamps to shine! x

Cara said...

A lovely inky card x

Tammy L said...

Gorgeous card! Just love your textured background...the black silhouetted image is perfect for those colors! Thanks for sharing with us at UYS this week.
Tammy DT

Pat said...

This is a super card and you have made a wonderful background pouncing with a scrunched up plastic bag, must give that a go myself. I love the black flowers and sentiment too. x

M said...

Beautiful card!! Love the background :) Thanks for joining the Girlfriends at Little Red Wagon this week!! :)

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Always LOVE your cards and this is no exception, a beautiful card.
Faith
x

shirley-bee said...

Beautiful! Love that background.

Linda said...

Another stunner! Thank you for playing along with the Craft Stamper challenge xx