Saturday 26 March 2016

Whimsical Bluebonnet


Good Morning.
Hope you are enjoying a relaxing Easter weekend.  
I have flowers on the brain right now even though we had some snow and an ice storm the other night.  So many tree branches and power lines down and my poor tulips that were just beginning to emerge are buried under a blanket of ice.  

So meet today's card. 
I am playing along with the Inspiration Challenge at Splitcoast today where we are being inspired by the talents of Kathleen McElwaine.  I was inspired by a painting of Bluebonnet flowers she watercolored.

I just love this new stamp from Penny Black called Bejeweled so thought it needed to see some ink today.
I grabbed my MISTI, mounted my stamp inside then coloured it using Memento markers.  I sprayed with water and pressed onto my paper.  I then scribbled some darker shades of the first colours, sprayed with more water and stamped again right over the first pressing.
When that was dry, I inked the edges with Salty Ocean Distress ink and did a light splattering of ink in the background for interest.  The panel was then trimmed out and pop dot mounted onto my card front.
Lastly, I stamped this sentiment from a new PB set called Sentiment Collection.  

Adding my card to these challenges:

 Addicted to CAS- DELICATE


Crafting with Friends- ANYTHING GOES

Daring Cardmakers- CELEBRATING SPRING
 

Thanks so very much for coming by and taking a look.

Supplies:  stamps- Penny Black/ Memento and Distress ink/ MISTI/ pop dots/ Memento markers/ mini mister/ paint brush/ applicator tool

22 comments:

Kathy said...

A lovely card, the blue shades are beautiful. Hope you thaw out soon!

Thanks for joining in with The Daring Cardmakers this week

Carolyn L said...

Beautiful panel....you make it sound so easy! Definitely going to try this technique.
Hope the ice melts quickly and your plants survive.

Verna Angerhofer said...

Super stunning floral card. Great colors too.

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Stunning card.
Hope your ice and snow clear to let Spring in soon.
Faith
x

nancy littrell said...

Another coloring of your stamps and water misting then stamping with your MISTI Beautiful flower card :-) I am loving all your flower cards Karen. TFS my friend.

Brawny x said...

Gorgeous cardvx

Loll said...

Gorgeous, Karen!! What a beautiful stamp, and you've made it even more beautiful with your expertise colouring. Hope the snow leaves soon. Stay warm and stay safe! xx

Davi said...

STunning Karen, love the flowers and lo!!

Elizabeth said...

Lovely card, Karen. I like the blue flower panel - beautiful. xx

Cathy said...

Beautiful card Karen, love the colours, Cathy x

Craftychris said...

Beautiful card! Love the flowers - such gorgeous colours! xxx

Rufus said...

So pretty. Love all the shade of blue and the font on the sentiment is super.

Aileen said...

This is a stunning card Karen, love the stamp you used and the layers. Tried to comment on facebook but for some reason I am struggling to use facebook with the ipad. Cant comment, then can then cant and wont take my likes either.

Julie B said...

This so pretty Karen, the Misti has allowed you to get real depth into the stamping.
Thanks for sharing at ATSM. :)

Maarit at Violets Corner said...

Fabulous card Karen.

Love and hugs
Maarit

Ksenija @Sweet Kobylkin said...

Karen, your card is gorgeous! Your multilayer stamping technique gives a beautiful result. Thanks for sharing your creation with us at Addicted to CAS. Happy Easter! - Ksenija

Neets B said...

You do create the most wonderful floral cards, Karen. And this is a lovely one, love the shades of blue.
Thanks for sharing at ATSM this week, Anita x

Princess Judy Palmer said...

Beautiful in blue! You really make me look at this solid stamps in a different light.

coldwaters2 said...

Wow this is so very beautiful Karen that image looks amazing I love it
hugs
lorraine x

CherylQuilts said...

Thud! I LOVE this card and love the stamps and your coloring! And the matting and layout are outstanding! WOW!! Karen, you keep ramping up your game! Can you go any higher?! Hugs, sweet friend! xoxo

Miri said...

Wow! There's so much I love about your card: the colours, the layout, the cute font ... and how it all looks together. Thanks for sharing your card with the Daring Cardmakers this week.

Dianne said...

What a beautiful card!