Monday 9 November 2015

Jolly Snowfakes

Morning.
Here is card #2 using the same stencil that I used yesterday but in a different way.
Over the next week or so, I will be posting cards using this stencil in different ways.

I began using the Snowflakes stencil from Simon Says Stamp and laid it onto my white cardstock that I had masked with an oval piece of paper.  I then rubbed Salty Ocean and Peacock Feathers Distress inks over the stencil, blending the colours with my blending tool.  
Leaving the mask in place, I splattered white acrylic paint over the inked area for a snowy feel.  
I then removed the oval mask and stamped the sentiment from Rubbernecker and pierced a border around the outside edge of the oval.
Very simple design and you could use any stencil, colour or sentiment to change the look.

Adding my card to these challenges:

Suzy Bee's Bloomin Challenge- BLUE and WHITE 

Addicted to Stamps- CLEAN and SIMPLE

Inspiration Destination- ANYTHING GOES

City Crafters- GETTING READY FOR CHRISTMAS 

Craft Your Passion- ANYTHING GOES


Thanks so very much for taking the time to come and visit.  I appreciate it so much!

Supplies:  stamps- Rubbernecker/ stencil- SSS/ Distress inks/ Memento bl ink/ white acrylic paint/ paint brush/ ink applicator/ piercing tool

9 comments:

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Your "playing" produces the most beautiful effects, love it.

Verna Angerhofer said...

Gorgeous background of beautiful snowflakes! Love it!

Creations by Shirl said...

So pretty, love the snowflake background....

Deb said...

So beautiful, love the background especially!

Barb Ghig said...

Hi Karen ~ I really love your stenciled background and your sentiment is so pretty! Thanks so much for playing along with us this week at ATSM!

Ros Crawford said...

Such a lovely card!! Thanks so much for playing along at CCCB!!

Pamellia said...

Beautiful Karen, the blue is so perfect for a snowflake card! hugs :)

CherylQuilts said...

Oh, this snowflake stencil is fabulous and really makes a fabulous background with your sponging! And I love the sentiment in the middle...you are so ahead of me on your Christmas cards! Hugs!

Unknown said...

Awesome card. Thank you for joining CYP Anything Goes challenge.

Tammi, Craft Your Passion DT
makememories4life@blogspot.com