Sunday 19 April 2015

Gentleness

Morning.  
Thanks again for all your most kind emails from yesterday's post.  You really made me feel teary eyed and so appreciative!

Well anyways, here is a card I made inspired by the challenge at Splitcoast and these two photo prints from Pottery Barn.  


 The woodgrain background was created by using the Embossing Folder Stamping Technique.  I just love using this technique as it gets me so much more mileage from my EB folders.  
I inked inside of my embossing folder (raised side) with Antique Linen Distress ink, sprayed with water and pressed my paper gently into the wet ink.  
I just got some Staedtler watercolour crayons and wanted to try them out for the flowers.  So, when the bkg. was dry, I sprayed the flower stamp with water and coloured directly onto my stamp with the crayon.  I sprayed again then stamped.  Since I have never used watercolour crayons before, I love the variation of colour I got using the same crayon.
Lastly, I stamped the sentiment from Kaisercraft with black Memento ink.

Adding my card to these challenges:

Simon Says- MAKE YOUR OWN BKG.

The Mixed Media- FLOWERS


Sister Act Card- ANYTHING GOES


Thanks again for taking the time to come and visit.  

Supplies:  stamps- Unity, Kaisercraft/ Distress ink/ eb folder/ mini mister/ Staedtler watercolour crayons/ Memento bl ink

19 comments:

Lee-Anne said...

Wow! Love this in the neutrals, Karen! Great placement of the images...looks fabulous!

Dotty Jo said...

Another stunning card! Jo x

maria's knutselplezier said...

Beautiful design and such a sweet quote!!

Greetings
Maria

Sally H said...

Wow! What a gorgeous card, Karen! I love the choice of stamps and the colour combo too - just wonderful!

Deepti said...

Oh my this looks sooooooo pretty !

Marie-Louise said...

This is super Karen.

maria f. said...

What a cool technique, Karen. Thanks for adding this beauty to the MMCC gallery.

Bobby said...

You have more tools and techniques to play with, Karen, and you know just how to use them to their best advantage.

Virginia L. said...

You can never go wrong with the wood grain background! Love your gorgeous design, Karen! Thanks so much for playing Simon Says Stamp Wednesday “Make Your Own Background” Challenge!

annie said...

Such a beautiful card! And I really must try this technique, the result is fabulous!
Greetings, Annie

Carole Dion said...

Really nice card, love your composition!

Loll said...

Beautiful card as always Karen!! Love these two techniques you've used . Amazing design. Loll xx

Yvette said...

Wow ... beautiful!

Laura said...

Karen, your card is just gorgeous! My friend and I were stamping together yesterday and we were inspired by this to make something very similar! I posted it on my blog crediting you for our inspiration! Thanks so much! Hugs, Laura
http://holmadelaura.blogspot.com/2015/04/backgrounds-stampfest.html

Mone said...

Beautiful card.
Thanks for joining us at challenge up your life

Anke said...

So beautiful, Karen. Fantastic technique.

Hugs
Anke

Elina Stromberg said...

Love your card! The earth tones bring such a peaceful feeling to your project. Simply beautiful!

Princess Judy Palmer said...

This is nifty. I love the earth tones. You could send this to a guy and he wouldn't have his masculinity threatened. ;-)

sharon said...

'A day late and a dollar short' seems to describe me. I am coming very late to this medium. I just love all your examples and then your clear concise explanation of how you did it is just sooooo helpful. Thank you so much. I