Tuesday 17 March 2015

Mask, Sponge and Stamp


Morning.  Looking for a fun challenge that will have you scratching your head?  Well I've got a good one for you.  
Here is the card I made for the One-Layer Simplicity Challenge this month where the challenge Susan gave us is to create a one-layer card using only sentiment stamps called Word, Words, Words.  Well, I did have to scratch my head and think about this one.  I wanted to add interest in some way yet keeping true to the clean and simple look of a OLC card.  Here is what I came up with.

I began by masking my card front and started rubbing on Distress inks in these colours:  Salty Ocean, Peacock Feathers, Shaded Lilac and Seedless Preserves.  I splattered the panels with water to add some depth and interest.  When that was dry, I grabbed some birthday sentiment stamps and started stamping away.  I found my Stamp-a-ma-Jig helped me with positioning the stamps into the panels.
That's it....done. 


Adding my card to these challenges too:

Seize the Birthday- FOCUS ON THE SENTIMENT

Shopping Our Stash- I MADE THIS

Use Your Stuff- CREATE YOUR OWN BACKGROUND


Thanks so much for coming by and taking a look.

Supplies:  stamps- The Old Island Stamp Comp., Studio G/ Distress ink/ Mini Mister/ Memento ink

18 comments:

Hannelie said...

Awesome layout Karen! Really COOL!
So glad to see you at seize the Birthday!

SD pooja said...

I just loved the sponged background..

Barbara Godden said...

Fun background and a great use of sentiments. Thanks for playing along with us at shopping our stash for the I made this challenge.

Verna Angerhofer said...

I love your blocked card design. And, so full of fun with those bright colors and the wonderful sentiments stamped all over it. You certainly created a lovely birthday card which is sure to bring a smile.

Princess Judy Palmer said...

I like this, reminds me of the shadow stamps that were all the rage--but even better these are nice bright colors and not the pale stuff of shadow stamping. Great job!

Lori said...

This card is awesome! I love it! Thanks so much for joining our challenge this week at Use Your Stuff!
Lori - UYSDT

Lisa Lara said...

Oh this is the coolest Karen! Wow.

Sharyn Polesel said...

I love your wonderful design.......really lovely. thanks for joining us at Seize the Birthday.

Davi said...

Wonderful use of the theme, love the way you did it in sections ;)

Unknown said...

I love your take on the challenge. Such an engaging card!

shirley-bee said...

This is fab, Karen! Love the layout, the colours, the fonts on the sentiments - and the water splatters! Thanks for adding it to the Seize The Birthday gallery.

Amanda said...

Love the angles on this! Very Creative! Thanks for joining us this week at Use Your Stuff!

Chana Malkah said...

Beautifully done! Thanks for taking the challenge this week at Shopping Our Stash!
Hugz,
Chana, DT

Leslie Hanna said...

Love the sponged background and use of sentiments! Thanks for joining us at Shopping Our Stash!

Michelle Looi said...

Lovely background to emphasize the sentiments!
Thanks for sharing what you could create for the background, at Use Your Stuff!

Nancy said...

Super cool!!!!!!! Great colors! Thanks for joining us over at Seize the Birthday...we sure do appreciate it!

Dena J said...

Oh!! I really like the color blocks! Beautiful card.

Carol Cel said...

very clever! I really like this