Friday 9 May 2014

Most Distressing


Messy sewing, loose ends....all would be most distressing to anyone who likes to sew!  Today, the challenge at Splitcoast is to add distressing to our card.  Now I could have just roughed up the edges and added ink but instead I did lots of messy sewing around the edge of my frame.  
So here's how my card came together.  I had a piece of left-over paper from inking one of my embossing folders.  I cut an oval in the center then added the stamped flowers behind the frame.  The flowers are coloured with Memento markers, sprayed with water then stamped for a watercolour look.  Added some splatters too for interest.  The whole piece was mounted onto my card front with pop dots.  
I wanted the sentiment to reflect the feel of the card so hence, this sentiment.

Also adding my card to these challenge:



Little Red Wagon- SEEING SPOTS


Simon Says- SPRING FLOWERS





Thanks so much for coming by and taking a look.

Supplies:  stamps- Unity, Rubbernecker/ Distress ink/ eb folder/ Memento markers/ Memento ink/ pop dots

14 comments:

Deepti said...

This is stunning Karen, I love that stitching on the edges :) thank you for sharing with ATSM !

SD pooja said...

WHat a beautiful card ..I too loved the stitching ..

Viv said...

Another fabulous watercolour card Karen, love it :) Viv xx

Gibmiss said...

Hi Karen
Another stunner... I have put my inky embossing folder Technique on my Blog now... Not as good as yours ....lol...
Hugs Sylvie xx

Virginia L. said...

I adore the messy stitching with your design, Karen! Love that artsy and fancy-free of this design! Thank you SEW much for playing Virginia's View Challenge!

Laura Sterckx said...

This is beautiful. The blue color is gorgeous and I LOVE the flowers. Thank you so much for joining us at the Simon Says Wednesday Challenge Blog! :)

maria's knutselplezier said...

Wow Karen your cards are always so beautiful , I really am a fan of your art work!!!

Greetings
Maria

Deborah Frings said...

Gorgeous colours, beautiful image and I love the sentiment. Thanks so much for playing along with ASM this week!

Sarah G said...

Love the messy stitching and your delightful watercolour - the blues look so fresh!

Anonymous said...

Love the soft watercolour look with the uneven stitching, just perfect. Great sentiment too. Thanks for joining the fun at ATSM. Monika

Danielle Vincent said...

Oh my gosh Karen - this is stunning! LOVE the blue and the messy stitching. So wonderful. Thanks for joining us this week at ATS&M.

CherylQuilts said...

Oh, sweet and amazing, Karen, you are wowing us all with the beautiful new technique that is fabulous! I'm way behind in commenting due to DD, but I wanted to tell you how much I've enjoyed seeing this on my Feeddler list! Absolutely stunning, each one! Hugs, sweet friend!

Joanne said...

Just beautiful, Karen! I love the watercolor feel and the quote is one of my favourites! Thanks for joining us at Little Red Wagon :)
Joanne xo

Princess Judy Palmer said...

Fun card! I love the messy sewing. The quote is perfect.