Saturday 26 April 2014

Big Happy Wishes



Happy Saturday and welcome to the weekend.  Inspiration is all around us.  I think that is why I always love seeing the Inspiration Challenge at Splitcoast and where I found this beautiful Aroma Therapy Diffuser from a site called The Grommet.  Aren't the colours gorgeous?



I am inking crazy using this new technique of inking up an embossing folder.  I don't honestly use my eb folders that much so I am thrilled to find another technique to use and get more mileage from them.
My friend Audrie (better know at Splitcoast as girlgeek101) posted this video showing this technique:

I began by masking off the edges of my card with scrap paper.  Then, I inked up my Provo Craft embossing folder using Salty Ocean, Peacock Feathers and Dusty Concord Distress inks and rubbing them directly onto my folder.  I sprayed with water and then pressed my paper onto the wet ink.  
When dry, I added the sentiment from Papertrey Ink.  Love the bold, handwritten script.

Adding my card to these challenges:

Moxie Fab- HIP ON HANDWRITING CHALLENGE


Simon Says Stamp- KEEP IT CAS


Seize the Birthday- ANYTHING GOES


Simply Create Too- STACK UM UP



Thanks so much for taking time to have a look.  Have a great weekend.

Supplies:  Stamps- PTI/ Provo Craft eb folder/ Distress inks/ mini mister

17 comments:

Sara Mac said...

Wonderful graphic card Karen! I love how you've been using this technique. It's been a long time since I've inked up one of my folders. Thanks for the reminder to start again.

Sherrie K. said...

Awesome card! Great inking and awesome design!
Sherrie K

Helen F. said...

Hi Karen!
Your card is simply gorgeous! I just love this technique of inking up that folder ~ which I have and going to CASE ;-)

Diane Jaquay said...

I love that background and am totally going to try this technique!

Mary J said...

Your card is so cool, Karen!

Dotty Jo said...

Looks amazing, Jo x

Bonnie said...

Gotta try this! Love this!

Kim Heggins said...

Simply gorgeous card! I love your soft colors with the bold greeting, just perfect! Thank you so much for playing along with us at Simply Create Too!

maria f. said...

Lurve, lurve, lurve. Oh those colors. Thanks for joining the fun at Simply Create Too!

OH Babs said...

Karen thank you for mentioning the You Tube video that teaches this technique. Audrie was a great teacher. Your blog always inspires me and teaches me. Fortunately I had two, and only two paint daubers, and some Glamour Mist. Needless to say I began daubing and spritzing. Gracias!

Princess Judy Palmer said...

Such soothing blues. I really need to try this technique.

Emily Leiphart said...

This is beautiful, Karen! I love the technique and I'm definitely going to check it out. Thanks so much for playing along with the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge: Keep It Clean and Simple!

DianeMoneyGoolsby said...

Pretty birthday card! Thanks for entering our "Stack 'Um Up" Challenge at Simply Create Too & hope you join our next challenge too.

Diane
DT Member

Macarena said...

Wow! This is really great!
Love the background so much.
Thank you for joining us at STB this week.
Hugs, Marzena, DT

Jodene said...

This is such a great card, I love that panel behind the sentiment! Thanks for playing along this week at Seize The Birthday :)

Kanan Pandya said...

Beautiful CAS card with lovely colors, Karen. Love this technique, love the sentiment too.

Thanks for playing along with us at Simply Create Too. Join us again soon. :-)

Shirley said...

Very pretty and TFS the site for the video tutorial too!