Saturday 1 March 2014

One-Layer Simplicity#3: Just Add Water


Welcome to March and a new challenge at One-Layer Simplicity that I am hosting this month.  The theme I have chosen is: 

JUST ADD WATER

I love combining inks with water; the effects are wonderful and look like watercolouring.  The edges are softer and the colours blended.  My favourite inks for this technique are of course, Distress inks.  They are waterbased and blend so well.
So, onto my card.  I am longing for Spring, so I got out my Pretty Peony flower set from Stampin Up  that I have had forever and inked the flowers with Distress ink.  This set is a 2-step set so by stamping the lighter colour first, the flower becomes very defined when the darker colour is stamped over that.  I use a Stamp-a-ma-jig to get the images into the right position and sprayed with water before stamping.  I did the same thing to create the leaves too.  When dry, I added the sentiment and then drew in the black line to pull the images all together.

Also adding my card to these challenges:
Little Red Wagon- YEARNING for SPRING
Seize the Birthday- ANYTHING GOES
Simon Says- ADD PEARLS
Simply Create Too- SHOP IN YOUR STASH

Hope you get time to play along this month and give it a try.
Thanks for stopping by.

Supplies:  Stamps-SU, Rubbernecker/ Distress ink/ Memento black/ pearls/ Stamp-a-ma-jig




16 comments:

Rosanne said...

Beautiful stamp, gorgeous card! Thanks for sharing at Little Red Wagon this week!

Lin said...

Just love the periwinkle color of your flowers, Karen ! You've inspired me - hope to give your challenge a go!

Karen said...

Love your card. I love the font in the sentiment it always makes it look so rich/elegant

CherylQuilts said...

Beautiful image and colors, Karen! And I love the black border with the pearls and the fabulous sentiment!! Hugs, precious friend...always!!!

Angie said...

Pretty card!! Thanks for joining us at Simply Create Too! Angie-DT

http://angiescraftblog.blogspot.com/
http://angiesdigistamps.blogspot.com/

DianeMoneyGoolsby said...

Karen: Your card is beautiful!! Glad you joined our "Use Your Stash Challenge #56" and hope you enter in all our Simply Create Too upcoming challenges also.

Diane
Simply Create Too Design Team Member
http://SimplyCreateToo.blogspot.com
http://DianesDigitalDesigns.blogspot.com

Davi said...

Wow Karen that is a stunning card!! I love the way you used the peonies!! I have that set, totally forgot about it.

Kim Heggins said...

Karen, this is a beauty! Makes me want to go out and buy a bouquet of purple posies! Thank you so much for playing along with us at Simply Create Too!

Anonymous said...

Those peonies are gorgeous! Excited about this month's OLS challenge and hoping to have fun again over there :o)

~Shery

JoAnn said...

Beautiful card. Your flowers are so pretty and I love the way you drew the black line around the card. The sentiment is so nice. Thanks for sharing with us at Seize the Birthday.

shirley-bee said...

It's one of my favourite techniques too. Love how you've drawn a frame around the card.

Heartwarmers from Vicki said...

This is a real WOW card! Love those flowers and the colors. BEAUTIFUL!

cheiron said...

Wonderful colors, wonderful sentiment! Thanks for playing along with us this with in the Anything Goes (with pearls) over at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog!

Nancy said...

One layer....WONDERFUL! Thanks for sharing this beauty with us over at Seize the Birthday!

Gerda said...

What a beautiful card! I love the flower colors and the sentiment!! Thanks for joining us at “Simply Create Too”, hope to see you next time again.

DT-Member SCT
Gerda
http://cardscreations.blogspot.com

Darnell said...

Thank you for a fun OLC challenge, Karen! Your flowers are so striking and gorgeous in this card; just perfect with that sediment!! Hugs, Darnell