Sunday 12 January 2014

Smiling


Sure hope you are waking up smiling this am.  I am hoping we see a bit of sunshine here today...that would sure make me smile since all we have had is freezing rain and snow.
Today, it's time to start making some Valentines so I am playing along with the challenge at Splitcoast.
I am using 2 new sets from Penny Black (linked below).  To create my card, I masked the top portion then stamped the heart on the bottom with Distress inks.  The hearts were just plain, so I added details to them using a white Signo Pen.  I removed the mask then added the scoring lines.  The sentiment is stamped and cut out using a Spellbinders die.
Have you had a chance to start working on your Valentines yet?  Boy, it is coming way too fast.
Enjoy your day and thanks so much for coming by and taking a look.

Supplies:  Stamps; Penny Black- Heart Swatches, From the Heart/ Distress ink/ white Signo pen/ Spellbinders die/ Scorbug/ piercing tool





5 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Super card, Karen. I like the border of randomly stamped hearts and the sentiment is just lovely. Elizabeth xx

Heidi Brawley said...

Very Awesome. Love both stamp sets!!

Davi said...

Karen, I love how you combined all the hearts, very cool card :)

Gabby said...

Cute card, Karen! The embossing and pierced label/sentiment, combine w/your cute stamped hearts, to make a nice design. :)

Anonymous said...

This is a great tip particularly to those new to the blogosphere.
Simple but very precise info… Thanks for sharing this one.

A must read article!

my homepage - bet angel