Saturday 10 August 2013

Lookout Point


My card for today comes to life after playing with Distress inks again.  I am playing along with a few challenges:  Splitcoast Inspiration challenge (pillow shown below), Addicted to CAS:summer and the Birthday Card Challenge in the Moxie Fab World.
Simple card really.  The main panel was created by apply Distress inks onto my non-stick craft sheet, adding water and then running my paper through the wet ink.  I splashed some extra water on too for a more beachy feel.  When that was dry, I stamped the seagull and the brush with black Memento ink.  The side panel was done pretty much the same using Distress inks and water.  I think it would make a great masculine birthday card.
Hope you have a great weekend and thanks so very much for coming and taking a look.

Supplies:  stamps; Gina K, Flonz/ Distress ink/ Memento bl/ pop dots



10 comments:

Piali said...

Beautiful card! Love the watercolour effect!

Gabby said...

Saw your card on SC this a.m. and commented. It is fantastic. Your ink technique looks fab and the image, as well. :)

Heartwarmers from Vicki said...

I really like this card! The colors used for the background are beautiful and truly create a watercolor look. Very nice!

Vicki Dutcher said...

My colors for sure -- I love the silhouette image and the water marking -- Well done my friend!!

Davi said...

BEAUtiful!! Love the background you created Karen so stunning with the silhouette image ;)

Terri said...

Very pretty card.
Hugs

Unknown said...

Beautiful card Karen. Love the watercolour effect and the negative stamping. Thanks so much for joining us for this challenge at A2CAS.

Karen x

Penny Ward said...

Gorgeous card Karen...it really stood out on my blog reader. Simply Beautiful!

Kailash said...

Absolutely beautiful Karen, your work with distress inks is simply amazing. Love the silhouette image against those pretty colors!!!

Mau xx said...

Hi Karen, Thanks for calling by my blog, it is so nice to meet you :)
Love your card too, I guess we both had water on our minds xxxxx
Love the image.
Hugs Mau xx